Monday, March 19, 2012

The Pioneer Woman Cooks!

Have y'all ever heard about the Pioneer Woman?! No? Well I am about to enlighten your life!!! You will definitely make your wife, husband, gf, bf, bff, friends, mother, father, children (anybody you can think of that you love enough to cook for), extremely happy and love you even more after checking out this website!

So like I said in one of my earlier entries, I have been cooking, A LOT! I have recently opened my domestic skills to new and different recipes. I try to go out of my comfort zone to whip up something unique when I do cook but most of the time, I stick with pasta. I LOVE PASTA. I live and breathe pasta... haha. Check my pantry and you will find lots of different types of pasta. Penne, linguine, spaghetti, fettucini, tortelloni, farfalle, conchigliette, etc. Anyway, the face behind Pioneer Woman is Ree Drummond,  a real life desperate housewife and is a mother of four. So why do I like her recipes so much? Why do I think she is the best of the best?! Here's a list of reasons:

  • She has pictures, tons and tons of pictures (I am definitely a visual learner)! Providing detailed step by step pictures for all of her recipes. I have never found a site like this! The best part is, she has a cast photo of all of her ingredients at the beginning of most of her recipes. 
  • Not only does she have pictures, but they are quality pictures! Trust me, I tried imitating her pictures...they all look like crap through my point and shoot. hehe.
  • She has a variety of recipes. Not only does she provide healthy recipes, but also the most unhealthy recipes. 
  • She adds wine to almost everything.... I LOVE WINE.
  • She is so funny. I feel like she should totally get her own cooking show! She has a great personality and it totally shows in her writing.
  • Her website is very easy to navigate.
  • You can print out 3x5, 4x6, or full page recipe cards! So convenient!
  • There are so much more that I cannot think of right at this moment because I am writing on my break between classes! 
So here are some of the delicious meals that I have made by using Ree's recipes (Click the names to get the full recipe!):
  • Penne a la Betsy (I added my own spin to this by adding scallops and imitation crab, it was a huge hit!!!)

  • Caprese Salad (except I used grape tomatoes and mozzarella balls, they're so much more fun to eat!)




  • Ginger Steak Salad (So... I didn't make the salad with this recipe, I only wanted the steak. I made this twice in one week because it was just so amazing! I threw a dinner party and served the ginger steak, it was a huge hit too!)

  • Steak Bites (This is possibly the most unhealthiest thing I have ever made. But it is just so satisfying! It's best for one of those days...you know when you just feel like extremely useless, bored, tired... whatevahs. I served this with garlic mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus)

So those are the few meals I have cooked. I keep on telling myself that I'm going to be a great wife/mom some day. I am still going to marry a chef though! Anyway, check out her website, she is amazing!!! Oh,  btw, she does more than just cook...check her out @ www.thepioneerwoman.com


Let me just say you are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment