Saturday, June 30, 2012

Destination Orlando, Fl


The first stop on our road trip is Orlando, Fl. The famous city that's known for Disney World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Orlando wasn't originally on our list, we had planned on driving from Miami straight to New Orleans, Louisiana, but with a slight change of plans, Orlando was added as a destination. Since I flew to Miami from California, I never actually got to see the roads in Florida, like the freeway and such (you're probably thinking I'm crazy for wanting to see roads and landscapes and such... but no I love driving and being able to see EVERYTHING). It's really different everywhere. Especially when you're driving on the Interstate and get to see what's surrounding you. What I saw were filled with the awesome color green. All different shades of green. If I were to play I Spy and were to spy something green, people would've had a hard time guessing what I was spying. From the palm trees to the swaying grass meadows, from the tall bushes to the green leaves. Nature was at its finest.

As soon as we got to the hotel, we called dibs on each bed. Then we headed straight to the Orlando Premium Outlets, as Marcus, Kevin, Tori, Lisa, and Karen would say from the movie White Chicks.... "SHOPPPPPPPPPPPING!" This was definitely a tourist attraction. I saw all different types of people. There were more than just the English language being spoken here. I actually saw a lot of Asian folks here, compared to Miami, I was no longer a foreigner in Orlando. Haha. We had dinner at the food court... I don't know what I was thinking buying sushi in a mall/outlet food court... it was horrific. The chinese food that I had definitely calmed my angry stomach though. I can eat chinese food all day, every day. After that we went back to the hotel to get some rest. We had a long day a head of us. Our next destination: New Orleans, Louisiana.

So if you're still wondering whether or not I went to Disney World... no I did not. I did drove past it on the way to the outlet and took a faint picture of the sign haha. Like I said, Orlando wasn't a planned destination so we were not prepared for such a trip. Therefore, nothing exciting really happened.
Doing it right by starting the drive off with some Steak 'n Shake. Man, I love this place. I don't know why all of the restaurant chain from the South stops at Arizona. That's ridiculous. Bring Bojangles, Steak 'n Shake, Jim 'n Nicks, & Waffle House here!

I bought a map just for the sake of having a map on a road trip... Lol. 

My faintly captured Disney World sign.

Of Course I had to jump on the bed at the hotel... who doesn't do that? The ceiling was a little too low, I had to use a pillow for protection haha.
 There you have it. Orlando, Florida.




1 comment: