Thursday, July 26, 2012

San Antonio, TX


I fell in love with this place. It wasn't too bad of a drive from New Orleans to here. We got here pretty early enough to roam the city while the sun was still out. Usually the three of us would take turn driving. You know, a few hours per person... well, I slept through the whole drive. Haha. I have never slept so much in a car before. I had to pay for the hotel room this night. So I Hotwired it. Hotwire is a pretty neat site. You can get last minute deals for hotel rooms and stuff based on star ratings. The only sucky part is you won't know which hotel you will get until you click "purchase." If you like taking chances then it could also be a fun lil game. We ended up with the Hampton Inn a mile away from the Alamo and town center. It was a pretty nice hotel for how much I paid ($75). It was walking distance to pretty much everything. 
We checked in to our room and left to find a place to have dinner as soon as we got there. I despise walking anywhere... but when I am in a tourist-y mood, I will walk anywhere and everywhere. We walked a few blocks to the town center. It was called the River Center or something like that. It's a cute little place. Kind of like a mall... but what's neat about this is it has like a river running throughout the whole place. It has a very patriotic theme. They might've just decorated the place in red, white, and blue for Fourth of July though. Maybe that's why. There were a lot of creepers and teenagers there. So glad Megan's dad was there to protect us haha. We were starving and couldn't decide between Tony Roma's and Hooters... I have never been to any of those place mentioned before. But we ended up with Hooters. I got some boneless chicken, and barely finished half of it. I think the half-clothed girls really just took away my appetite. It was distasteful. The food was just alright. They had horrible service too. After the Hooters, we went to see The Alamo!!! I was dying to go sightseeing. Actually, we grabbed some desserts at Haagen Dazs before we headed to The Alamo. Took a few pictures here and there. Megan really wanted to do some activities, so we paid to do this mirror maze thing and 007 laser light. It was fun. We were kids again. I got myself a shirt that says San Antonio, Tx on there. It's a pretty sweet looking lil thang. After all of the shenanigans were done, we walked back to the hotel to rest up. Because we are going to drive FOREVER to Arizona. San Antonio, you're beautiful. Here are some pix. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment